MyTrueAncestry and DNA Check LLC takes Privacy very seriously. This site was designed to maximize your privacy. Our team is based in Switzerland and includes data security experts who make sure your data remains safe at all times.
- By design you don't need to enter any personal information.
- Your data is transferred over an encrypted protocol and scrambled/anonymized as soon as it arrives on our servers.
- As soon as your data is analyzed it is deleted from our servers. We only store your results.
- You don't need to name your uploaded data if you don't want to.
- The service is free to try, but any upgrades use Stripe services (Stripe.com) for charges.
As soon as your DNA file is uploaded, it is anonymized and stripped of any identifying information. As soon as analysis is complete and results can be produced, MyTrueAncestry deletes your genome. Any tools, software, algorithms or services used in the processing of your genome only deal with anonymized data not linked to your account.
MyTrueAncestry by design does not enable anyone to search or match data with another user.
Any non-upgraded account can have its kits and associated results removed automatically within 12 hours.
You may also decide to remove your kits and associated data at any time by clicking 'Delete' by any kit.
Accounts are internally anonymized only link to the name (an optional alias) and email address you provide on registration.
When using https://mytrueancestry.com you are uploading your genome to our central website. All traffic is encrypted via https and your upload is retained in a well protected location. If a genome is uploaded, but the user does not continue and generate a report, the uploaded genome is automatically deleted within 24 hours. As soon as a report has been generated (typically 5-10 minutes) the uploaded genome is deleted.
We do not claim any ownership rights in your genome and it belongs to you only.
By uploading your genome you grant us a temporary, limited, revocable, royalty-free, world-wide license to process and use your genome for the purpose of providing you with the service. i.e., for generating and re-generating reports, and if you created an account and stored your genome, also to use it with new genetic features of the service we may develop in the future, at no additional cost to you. You may delete your genome at any time.
If you've made a payment to use MyTrueAncestry, you will see that your email address was provided by the payment processor (Stripe.com). This email address can be used to email you a link to your reports.
We are GDPR Compliant (EU Regulation)
- We log all data coming in and out of the system at all times.
- Anyone who wishes their results removed can request so at any time.
- By design your genome data is removed as soon as processed or via timeout (whichever occurs earlier) as described above.
Need help? Email email@example.com
MyTrueAncestry is provided for personal use only.